Our school champions the right of staff and students to embrace all Afro-hairstyles. We acknowledge that Afro-textured hair is an important part of our Black staff and students’ racial, ethnic, cultural, and religious identities, and requires specific styling for hair health and maintenance.
We welcome Afro-textured hair worn in all styles including, but not limited to, afros, locs, twists, braids, cornrows, fades, hair straightened through the application of heat or chemicals, weaves, wigs, headscarves, and wraps.
At this school, we recognise and celebrate our staff and students’ identities. We are a community built on an ethos of equality and respect where hair texture and style have no bearing on anyone’s ability to succeed.
Complete the form below to officially adopt the Halo Code at your workplace.
We will send you an email to confirm your registration and and add you to our map of trailblazing workplaces across the UK
1. Our school will display a copy of the Halo Code publicly and proudly in our building and on our website
2. Our school will announce our adoption of the Halo Code to pupils, parents, and staff, in person or by email
3. Our school name will be displayed on the Halo Collective website so that others can see we’ve adopted the Halo Code
4. Our school will embed the Halo Code within any existing uniform policy and include it in future student handbooks
5. Our school will signpost staff and students to the additional resources on the Halo Collective website
6. If disputes around hairstyles arise, our school will refer to the Halo Code for guidance
I declare that: