Our workplace champions the right of staff to embrace all Afro-hairstyles. We acknowledge that Afro-textured hair is an important part of our Black employees’ racial, ethnic, cultural, and religious identities, and requires specific styling for hair health and maintenance.
We celebrate Afro-textured hair worn in all styles including, but not limited to, afros, locs, twists, braids, cornrows, fades, hair straightened through the application of heat or chemicals, weaves, wigs, headscarves, and wraps.
In this workplace, we recognise and celebrate our colleagues’ identities. We are a community built on an ethos of equality and respect where hair texture and style have no bearing on an employees ability to succeed.
Complete the form below to officially adopt the Halo Code at your workplace.
We will send you an email to confirm your registration and and add you to our map of trailblazing workplaces across the UK.
1. Our organisation will display a copy of the Halo Code publicly and proudly in our building and on our website
2. Our organisation will announce our adoption of the Halo Code to staff, in person or by email
3. Our organisation name will be displayed on the Halo Collective website so that others can see we’ve adopted the Halo Code!
4. Our organisation will embed the Halo Code within any existing dress code policy and include it in future staff handbooks
5. Our workplace will signpost staff to the additional resources on the Halo Collective website
6. If disputes around hairstyles arise, our organisation will refer to the Halo Code for guidance
I declare that: